Register to be a Team Manager
- All Team Managers must register through Gotsoccer here
- All Team Managers need to complete a background check. You will be prompted to do this at the end of your Gotsoccer Registration.
Intro Email to Parents
Include information about:
- Practice schedule: dates and times; remind parents that all students should bring soccer ball, shin guards, soccer cleats, and water
- Game schedule: any information about scrimmages or game dates
- Falmouth Fall Classic: tournament dates and that FYSA relies on volunteers for the FFC and each family is expected to contribute 2 volunteer hours per player
- TeamSnap: FYSA’s use of TeamSnap, which is an online service and mobile app that will track all of the team’s practices, games, and friendlies; emphasize that all team communications will be done through TeamSnap
- For U13/U14 teams: baseline concussion testing info and volunteer request
Verify Info in TimeSnap
Double check that all players and parent contact information is correctly entered into TeamSnap.
For some parents, this is the first year they will use TeamSnap. Some may not accept the TeamSnap invite the first (or second or third) time they receive it. Email parents who don’t accept the invite to find out if they prefer to use a different email address than the one they used to register their child. Emphasize that all team communications, including any changes to practices and schedules will be done through TeamSnap.
While you are waiting for parents to accept the TeamSnap invite, they will still receive any emails you send through the TeamSnap system.
Input Game & Practice Schedules
Game and tournament information will be posted on soccermaine.com. This information includes dates, times, field locations, and opponent coach/manager contacts. Your coach will be notified when this schedule is finalized and information can be pulled from soccermaine.com..
The following are the instructions for entering this information into TeamSnap.
League vs Non-League Opponents:
Our teams are part of the FYSA League. Since we don’t play each other within our League, all opponents are considered Non-League, so don’t worry when you see “Non-League” after each of your opponents’ names. If you don’t want the game to count towards your standings, SELECT “Don’t count this game toward standings” when you’re creating a New Game.
Scheduling – Entering a Tournament, Game, Practice into TeamSnap
Below is an example of how to enter the Cumberland Just of Fun tournament info into TeamSnap.
- Ensure you know the times, fields, and location your team is playing.
- Have the Coach or team manager log onto your TeamSnap acct and do the following:
- Select SCHEDULE
- Select EDIT LOCATION, then + New Location
Location Name: Twin Brook Recreation OR Greely Middle School
Address: 179 Tuttle Road (Twin brook site) OR 351 Tuttle Road (Greely MS site)
- Click SAVE near bottom
- Then go back to SCHEDULE and select NEW EVENT:
- Short Label: Tourney
- Name of Event: Just for Fun Tournament
- Date: 9-5-15 OR 9-6-15
- Time: enter START of your first game (say 1:00 pm)
- Location: Select the location you just created & saved in the step above from the drop down
- Then select box- SHOW OPTIONAL EVENT INFO and enter:
- Duration: figure out total length of games (so if my first game starts a 1:00 pm and last game ends at 4:30 pm) Duration would be 3 hr 30 min.
- Arrival time: 30 min (this is usually what all teams have)
- Display Icon: pick one of the colored flags for this and all tournaments. *
- Notes: Enter something like:
We will play ALL our three 30 min. games on Saturday/Sunday on Field _____ at Greely MS/Twin Brook Recreation.
Wear: Blue FYSA uniform, shin guards, cleats. Don’t wear jewelry.
Bring: White FYSA practice t-shirt (in case we play an opponent with blue tops and we have to change into something non-blue), Water (lots), comfy sandals or sneakers to wear during downtime in between the games, Size 4 ball (U9-U12) or size 5 (U13/14) with your name on your ball. You may also want to bring some bug spray (optional).
Please mark on the Availability button below if your player is attending this event or cannot come to this event. This helps us plan for the games.
- Click BOX with NOTIFY THE TEAM? Click this box to notify the team of this new event
- Select SAVE near the bottom.
Now you have entered the tournament info into TeamSnap AND emailed everyone on your team with that new event’s info (field location and maps, times etc).
*Tip: Red flag icons show up really well on TeamSnap- use them for League games to draw attention to them (since these are competitive in the U12 and older brackets). Checkered Black/white flag is great for Friendlies. Blue flags are good for practices. Green or yellow are great for Tournaments. Whatever color you pick, keep it consistent throughout the season as parents can import the schedule into their smart phones.
Do the same exact thing for all practices, League games (‘New Game”) or Friendlies. Enter the new location first, then the event. With the practices, you can use the REPEAT button (and enter all practices on say Tuesdays until end of October) and then simply go back and delete a practice if there is a conflict on that particular night (school concert, Camp Kieve, etc.). TeamSnap will ask if you only want to delete that particular one or all the repeating events.
Handle Invites for Games with Friendliness
Throughout the season, you may be contacted about setting up a “friendly” game. These games are in addition to the regular team schedule and provide additional game practice for the team. Friendly games do not count toward the season record.
You will need to:
- Check with your team’s coach to see if they are interested in adding a friendly game to the schedule.
- Send an email to parents through TeamSnap to check player availability on the requested day/time.
- Confirm that there is field space available, and request refs. You can do both of these through Katie VerLee.
- If there are enough players available, and field space, confirm the game with the opposing team’s contact.