Personnel Support for Coaches/Teams
A variety of coaching support will be offered to coaches throughout the season. Support from area professional Clubs along with weekly emails from our Coaching Director will allow coaches to receive comprehensive support in the form of videos, practice drills and strategic game analysis.
- Possession for Penetration in Final third
- Possessing as Unit-off ball movement-vision
- Small group defending
- Defensive Marking
- Defensive Transition at the moment the ball is lost
- U9-U10 Dribbling
- U9-U10 STAR Methodology
- U9-U10 Dribbling-Shielding
- Basic Defending 1v1 2v2
- Passing-Receiving Circle Progression
- Three Awesomely Fun Practice Ending Games
- Finishing Session
- Change Point of Attack
- Possession with a Purpose
- Possession thru Center Mids
- Receiving-Turning-Dribbling at Speed
Dynamic Warm Ups for Soccer Players:
- Do at start of practice/game.
- Should take 5:00-8:00 min.
- Build up intensity during this warm up.
- “Mentally” get ready for the practice/game.
- Quality of movement is more important than # of reps or speed!
- Skip and hug yourself
- Skip and windmills
- Jump up and get ball with “W” formation of hands: soft landings, no “knock knees”
- High knees
- Butt kicks
- Braid running/Karioka- both directions
- Open gates
- Close gates
- Piriformis stretch/The Botox
- “Scoop the poop”- calf and hamstring stretch
- High alternating kicks/ “Zombie walk” with kicks
- Balance on 1 leg and raise opp. hamstring up, balance and run a few steps
- Jog and gradually build up speed- 50%, 75%,100%
Other ideas to work on speed, strength and agility:
- Plyometrics: lunges, burpies, any single leg type exercise, jumping over cones
- Ladder drills: helps with footwork. Feet low to the ground and no high knees.
- Medicine balls: core strength and builds upper body strength too.
Static/Cool Down Stretches: Six Stretches
- Done at conclusion of practice/game.
- Guidelines: 20 sec. holds, 3-4 reps/muscle group. Don’t bounce or alternate between the muscle groups.
- “No pain, no gain” is false!
Stretching in a nutshell:
Research shows that dynamic warms ups BEFORE sports participation and static stretches AFTER sports help:
- Reduce injury rates
- Reduces soreness after practice- important for the athletes that do multiple sports all year or athletes who focus on one specific sport
- Increase flexibility and balance